The holy month of Ramadan is right around the corner. This month of fasting will see a change in the daily schedules of people. To add to the change in lifestyle that Ramadan brings, is the intense heat of the summer. And no one wants the effects of fasting combined with hot weather to show effects on the skin. So here are some easy tips to help you maintain a glowing and radiant skin during Ramadan.
- Gentle exfoliation at least thrice a week will help to maintain healthy skin.
- We all know the UV rays from the sun can be damaging to the skin. So your sunscreen will be your best friend. Use an SPF 50 sunscreen regularly. It will help avoid skin pigmentation and ageing.
- Drink water and maintain the fluid balance after breaking your fast. Hydration is key to a healthy skin.
- Your body deserves a good 8 to 10 hours of sleep every day. This sleep is necessary to help the skin repair. Day sleep cannot compensate for a good night’s sleep. Besides, no one wants to end up with baggy eyes and dark circles at the end of Ramadan.
- Adopt foods rich in nutrition such as fruits and vegetables. For instance, citrus fruits will help to cleanse the body and add glow to the skin. Click here to read more on how to maintain a healthy diet during the holy month of Ramadan.
Spa treatments are recommended pre and post Ramadan because they aide with rejuvenation of the mind, body and spirit.
- Detoxification of the body is important. Detox therapies enable the body to cleanse and heal.
- Body massages aides with blood circulation. Aromatherapy massage is extremely soothing as the therapeutic oils help relax the mind and body.
- Treatments like hydrating or anti-ageing facials help restore the skin’s vitality.
For a range of spa therapies, visit a Saray Spa at select Marriott Hotels in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Inspired by the tradition of the Caravan serai, Saray Spa offers a personal experience of restoration and renewal through rituals that have withstood the test of time. Ancient healing techniques and natural ingredients are combined to create holistic experience to our guests.
This article has been written by Dr. Anand Kumar, Spa Manager, Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai. Dr. Anand has 16 years of experience in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences.